Sunday, March 10, 2019 nenolovesyou 0 Comments



Hi friends!

Getting closer to graduation, it's only natural to start thinking about how I'll be working to pay off all my student debt and continue to add to my life savings. Money can be scary sometimes. It's just sooo easy to just blow all your savings... a Starbuck here and a night with friends there... and bam there goes a whole weeks worth of work. Bye-bye money, hello perpetual student debt.

A few sacrifices and changes can really help mitigate those losses though without making huge compromises to your lifestyle. Lucky for you, I love finding ways to save money and I'm here to share them with you!

Here are some ways to help save up: *drum roll please*

1. Create a place of your own in a cost effective and convenient way. CORT helps you find a place, furnish it, and does all the moving for you. How easy is that? They offer professionally styled and handpicked student packages from $99/month. This is a great way furnish your new place quickly, stylishly and affordably!

2. Ebates.com. I'm proud to say I introduced my family to it, and they are in loooovee. How does it work? You shop as you normally would at your favorite stores, but before checking out -- check to see if Ebates offers cash back at those stores by typing the store name in the Ebates search. I also have the Ebates button to my Safari so whenever I'm shopping online I can quickly see if I can use Ebates to save. Sometimes they offer as much as 20% cash back! The money goes to your PayPal account. 

Here is my invite link if you want to join!: https://www.ebates.com/r/RADIOH86?eeid=28187

3.  Groupon. I'm sure you've heard of this one. Do you have a Groupon account? I always check it whenever my friends and I want to do something fun. It's not just restaurants! They offer so many activities - golf, shooting ranges, escape rooms and so much more.

4. Your student ID is your best weapon. ASK for student discounts. You won't know who offers them unless you ask. I'm a huge Jcrew fan and their 15% student discounts (even on top of sale items) never disappoints.

5. Take Surveys. This one requires some time out of your day but it can be done while sipping on coffee or relaxing after a long day. One survey that only is open to college students is the Barnes & Noble College Perspective Panel. Not a college student? Try Swagbucks (that name still makes me giggle a bit).

6. FAFSA. Okay, I know what you're thinking - FAFSA gives loans. Well, did you know they also give Grants/Scholarships if you're eligible? That's free money just for filling out a FAFSA form. Check this Instagram post for more information about the new FAFSA app!


0 comments: