ACEVIVI Dead Sea Mud Mask

Friday, August 14, 2015 nenolovesyou 0 Comments


I've been searching high and low for an excellent mud mask - preferably one that isn't full of synthetics. I have sensitive skin so it's imperative that I use only the best products on my skin to avoid any sudden rashes or breakouts. 

After trying a ton of products - I finally found a Dead Sea Mud Mask on Amazon that has amazing organic AND all natural ingredients! 

Ingredients: All natural and organic products: pureed sea mud, organic Shea butter, organic sunflower oil, organic aloe vera juice, organic vegetable glycerin, organic jojoba oil, hickory bark extract, organic calendula oil, eucalyptus oil, filtered water, xanthan gum.

I purchased the 10 OZ and 6 OZ.
Pictured here is the 10 OZ:



On the jar itself, it describes the skin types it's most useful for. My own skin is combination + sensitive. I have a drier forehead, oily nose, and normal cheeks + chin. 

The skin care regimen I'm on now is great for keeping my breakouts to a minimum. However, I wanted (and needed!) a cooling mask to uplight, brighten and keep skin immaculate. 

How to Use: I tied my hair away from my face and applied the product by using a tiny amount starting at my cheeks. After I applied a thin layer evenly on all of my face, then went back and added a second layer. I didn't have to add too much to my face, so don't overdo it! You really don't need that much to start.
I left the face mask on for about 20 minutes. During that time, I could definitely feel effects of my skin tightening and the product working in my pores! 

It is very lightweight so I barely felt it on which is a huge plus because I had to carry on with chores and work around the house. It also dries very quickly, without cracking or chipping off, so you don't have to worry about it getting on your clothes.

After allowing the mask to fully absorb, I washed it off using lukewarm water. I used my fingertips to wash it off in the shower. 

Results: After drying my face, I noticed how hydrated, tight and soft my skin was. One major thing is that this mud mask was non-abrasive and noncommedogenic - so my skin didn't have a major breakout afterward. Also my nose pores + blackheads decreased. The dryness on my forehead was unnoticeable. Happy to say that my skin looks feels and looks healthier!

The directions on the packaging suggest using the product no more than once a week. 
Shelf life is 3 years!

Look & Smell: It has a deep brown / green color. The jar was filled all the way which is important because it irks me when some companies don't care to fill their bottles all the way up.
There is a nice smell, probably from the oils that are a part of the ingredients. In my opinion it is very faint. So, if you are sensitive to smells this will not be overwhelming to you - don't worry. 

I've always loved to do masks in my hotel if I'm on a long trip because traveling can be hard on my skin. This is more suitable for travel convenience (note: I mean check-in bags not carry-on bags!). 

Overall: this had a very calming and soothing effect - great for at-home spa days! It was non-abrasive, did not clog or hurt my sensitive skin, and was simple to use. I loved how ACEVIVI used high quality all-natural and organic ingredients instead of nasty harsh chemicals. It gave my skin a pretty glow and smooth skin instantly. I'll definitely be adding this to my skin regimen :)

<3

0 comments: