Thursday, December 21, 2017 nenolovesyou 0 Comments


Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing great. I finished my fall semester of third year so I'd say I'm doing quite fantastic. I learned a ton this semester but above all, I've become more confident in my clinical skills. It's been an interesting semester to say the least and I'm thankful for the opportunities I've had with my patients.

For this blog post I wanted to share with you a hobby that I've been partaking in this fall... pottery! Until this class, I've never done any kind of clay throwing or pottery on the wheel. This class was 8 weeks long and I worked diligently every Monday night after school to hone my abilities. We started with making cylinders, to bowls, to making handles, and then glazing. Safe to say my technique has gotten better since the initial first week, but I have a lonnnnng way to go (so don't judge my work too critically!!)









Can you tell which ones were my first pieces?? The wheel was so hard to get accustomed to at first!



One of my favorites!! I love how the green and black looks together, with a hint of gold.




The pink and white piece below I made into a candle because I felt the glaze was too light/soft of a color. So I put together a beautiful smelling lily, pear and vanilla candle.



I've already signed up for another 8 weeks for January. Pottery has been incredibly stress-relieving and fun. What do you guys think -- Have you tried pottery or would you?

PS - we are headed to a beautiful vacation destination on December 24th!! :)

-Nesreen

0 comments: